Thursday, August 23, 2007

PAX: T-minus 2

Tonight’s blog entry comes via the magic of technology. I’m writing this on my friend’s laptop as I ride in the back seat of my own car for the first time. Using his cell phone we have Internet connectivity. How cool is that? Well, I’ll tell you, it’s plain awesome.

Speaking of riding in the back of my car… I bought my car new last year (an ’06 Honda Civic) and so far only 3 people have driven it since. The first was me, obviously. The second was my brother-in-law. And the 3rd is my friend who is currently driving. At least I think that’s the case, I can’t remember ever letting anyone else drive it. But I’ve always sort of wondered how the back seat is in this little sedan… so far so good. I’ve also always thought about being the passenger and looking out the moon roof.

Anyway, there are 4 of us here in the car on our way to PAX. And since I have the capability, I intend to make a few posts to describe our journey. We are all really excited about the trip. I went to PAX last year and really enjoyed myself. I’m looking forward to this year’s bigger and better version.

The trip so far has consisted of about 6 hours of me driving and listening to my music. I’m pretty tired now, but we’ve made good progress. I doubt (and rather hope) that there will be anything worth posting about until tomorrow, so until then I’ll leave you riveted on the edge of your seat waiting for more.