Thursday, February 28, 2008

Meeting My Successor

Today I left work early to help judge a science fair. I really enjoyed it. But little did I know that I was about to meet my CMESC successor.

When I was in high school I worked for a place called the CMSEC (I won't bother explaining it... that would be a very long post). I enjoyed that job like no other. I still think about it sometimes. I wish I could make a living working there. If I could I'd be back in a heartbeat.

So imagine my surprise when I'm talking to this kid and he turns out to be the head programmer there! It was so much fun to talk to him. It was like meeting a friend I didn't know I had. It's nice to know that the CMSEC is in such capable hands. When this kid gets into a CS degree there will be no stopping him!

In some ways I envy his position. He's doing some of the things that I always wished I could do there. But who knows? Perhaps someday I will be able to work with him on some amazing projects. I still know how to dream.