Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's a Long Way to the Top

I love to play Rock Band. It has everything that was great about Guitar Hero and then some. The only thing that it needs now is more songs. And apparently Harmonix is more than happy to provide.

There are quite a few songs that I would love to see in Rock Band. But if I could choose only one song, I think it would have to be Follow You Down by the Gin Blossoms. That song would be so much fun.

Anything by They Might Be Giants would be much appreciated. A lot (okay, well almost all) of their songs wouldn't translate directly, but I think they could be converted pretty nicely. I'd love to be able to play Snail Shell.

There are a bunch of songs from the first two Guitar Hero games which I'd like to see come to Rock Band too:
  • Stellar, Incubus
  • More Than a Feeling, Boston
  • Ziggy Stardust, David Bowie
  • Surrender, Cheap Trick
  • Carry On Wayward Son, Kansas
  • Strutter, Kiss
  • Free Bird, Lynyrd Skynyrd
  • Girlfriend, Matthew Sweet
  • Killer Queen, Queen
  • I Wanna Be Sedated, The Ramones
  • You Really Got Me, Van Halen
  • All Of This, Shaimus
  • Even Rats, The Slip

    Anything by AC/DC would be great too. It would be fun to have Highway to Hell, Back In Black, or It's a Long Way to the Top.

    Some other songs I'd like to see:
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's, Deep Blue Something
  • Roll to Me, Del Amitri
  • The Impression That I Get, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
  • Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, The Police
  • Beautiful Day, U2
  • Vertigo, U2
  • The Middle, Jimmy Eat World
  • Breathless, The Corrs
  • Eye of the Tiger, Survivor

    There is a ton of game music that would be fun too. I mean, the Black Mages are enough proof, aren't they? But sadly game music typically doesn't have a vocal track.

    There are some anime songs which would rule too... if only I could sing the lyrics correctly.

    So there you go. I'm sure that there are others, but these are the ones I could think of right now.