Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wherefore Art Thou, Quality?

Things just don't seem to be built to last anymore. Well, except perhaps Legos.

Last week my 3rd Xbox 360 broke as described in my last post. Two nights ago the foot pedal to my Rock Band drum broke. Even my car ('06 Honda Civic) has something broken such that my rear starboard window won't go down. I do consider myself lucky though, because all these things are under warrantee. It's just that all this is such a hassle!

I can understand that the Rock Band equipment has to be made inexpensively so that users can afford to buy the game. And for the most part it seems like they have done a good job. My guitar hasn't had troubles. My drum kit is great aside from the obvious. Those pedals have to be able to take a decent beating I'd think. But 3 next-gen consoles in a year? Car troubles so soon? It's just a little frustrating, that's all.

I guess I shouldn't complain. Really I'm lucky. I've got a great life with many wonderful blessings. I just gotta vent sometimes.