Sunday, July 15, 2007

Why You Shouldn't Comment Here

For many years I've had a desire floating around in my brain urging me to make a website. The problem is that I've never had anything that I really cared about enough to warrant the creation of web pages. Not to mention the time commitment. Being a computer programmer is a gift and a curse. Which is to say that I would get lost in lines of PHP, HTML, and CSS code until that spark of desire to post on the Internet would be drown out.

Then yesterday I visited my good friend Expavesco. After seeing his blog and later reading his brother's, I knew that I had to play too. And that's when I realized what to do. I will fill these virtual pages with random things that I feel to write about. An outlet for my creativity in word-smithing. A place where my friends and family can read my writings. And perhaps random people will, through means unknown, find this place in the ether and enjoy their read.

So that brings me to the title of this post. Although I would like some feedback about my posts (especially concerning spelling, grammar, and the like -- oh how the Internet is slowly killing the English language!), I cringe at the thought of constantly returning to my comments screens just to see what people felt compelled to write in reply to my posts. I'm wanting an outlet, not another place to get involved with other citizens of the Internet. This is not meant to be a forum for anyone but myself.

So for the time being just sit back and relax. Perhaps someday I'll change my mind about comments on my blog. But until then, I'm sure you'll be able to find some other place to express your opinions if you really can't keep them to yourself.