Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Gamevember

This month has been a great month for gaming. Three games that I have been looking forward to for a while (see the PAX posts!) finally came out. I spent a pretty penny, but I'm really enjoying them.

Assassin's Creed
This game is just plain awesome. Some people complain about repetitiveness or the ending, but I really liked it. All of it. It's a beautiful game, and fun to play. I love climbing and fighting and scoping out the target. Not to say that the game was perfect... but the things that bugged me were few, far between, and minor.

Rock Band
Ever since I played the drums at PAX I've been looking forward to this game. And we've been really enjoying it. I say "we" because pretty much everyone who has been around lately has played and loved it. I was very excited to find that my girlfriend has fun playing the game! I don't expect her to like or wish to play most of my games. But it's fun to have some to share with her too. This is a solid, fun game.

Mass Effect
I didn't realize how badly I'd been needing a sci-fi fix until I started playing this game. I can tell this one is gonna take me a while to beat. And I'm really happy about that. It's a solid game with a fascinating universe set-up. And it's a role-playing game. The XBox 360 has been needing a good one for a while now.

So there you have it. And there are still some good games out there which I've yet to play.